If you enjoy the roles as dealmaker, overseer, strategist, counsellor, enforcer and educator, and wish to be part of a team on its journey from being the #1 in Nordics to become #1 in Europe, this will be a place where you’ll thrive.
As a sole lawyer at a SaaS company, with a customer base of more than 1700 organisations in Finland, Norway, Sweden, Benelux, Germany and UK, you will need to balance a multitude of tasks, from routine customer and vendor contracts, to firefighting and reducing risk; resolving inbound queries; horizon-scanning and preparing for upcoming projects; advising the leadership team; and all the work that goes into larger projects like global expansion and M&A.
You are a generalist at heart who is quick to get to depth in new tasks such as GDPR or M&A with a good amount of business acumen.
You will have the full responsibility of the legal aspects of the company;
- Supporting and enabling a growing commercial team to close deals faster in a scalable manner
- Manage contract fleet
- Advise management team
- Corporate housekeeping and M&A
- Risk assessment
- Overlook and document corporate governance (PoAs)
- IP law
- Educate and train employees on key legal topics of technology and data
- With in-depth knowledge about GDPR, acting as the company’s Data Protection Officer, and ensuring our privacy and information security policies and procedures are watertight.
- establish compliance management system and monitor across the company
- Supporting the management team in M&A due diligence and transaction processes
- Min 3-5 years of relevant working experience as in-house counsel and/or from reputable law firms
- Good business acumen and sound-decision making in balancing risk, opportunity, and business objective.
- Self-driven, motivated and hands-on
- In-depth knowledge of data security and data privacy or general IT law
- Previous experience from working with M&A transactions is a plus